KILIMANJARO DAY TRIPS
For those who do not wish to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro to the top and yet want to experience the magic of the Mountain then a day trip to the first hut will be ideal for them.
This hike to the first hut will allow you to have a feel of the mountain for one day and the hike through the rain forest will be breathtaking.
On a clear day you will be in a position to see and hear birds singing in the bushes, monkeys jumping from tree to tree and the breathtaking landscape and vegetation.
ITINERARY FOR KILIMANJARO DAY TRIP:
- After breakfast, you will depart Babylon Lodge for Kilimanjaro National Park gate. You will be given a healthy and balanced lunch box that will be taken upon arrival at Mandara Hut. At the gate you will meet with our well experienced guide who will give you brief information about the hike.
One advantage of this day trip is that you will not be required to have any special Mountain climbing gears. All that you need for this trek is comfortable clothing, comfortable walking shoes and a rain coat in case it rains on your way up.
- You will walk for about 3-4hours to the first hut( Mandara hut) and you will arrive there in the afternoon.
- You will take your lunch box at Mandara hut rest for a while and take good photos of the place. After your lunch your guide will give you a short walk to Maundi crater before walking down to Marangu gate.
- You will walk down to Marangu gate and this walk will take you about 2hours walking slowly as you observe for anything that you might have missed on your way up.
- At Marangu National Park you will meet with transport from the hotel ready to take you back to the lodge.
COST FOR DAY TRIP TO KILIMANJARO (A CLIMB TO MANDARA HUT)
The cost for the Kilimanjaro Day trip is USD $ 120 per person. This price is only applicable up to 30th June 2013 and there after the price will be USD $ 135 per person due to the increased Kilimanjaro National Park fees from the 1st July 2013.
This cost includes:
- Transport from Babylon Lodge to Kilimanjaro National Park gate in the morning and transport back to Babylon Lodge in the evening. Our driver will stop at places with the best views of Kilimanjaro on a clear day to ensure you get the best photos of Kilimanjaro.
- A well experienced English speaking guide. He will tell you from the history, vegetation and animals of Mt. Kilimanjaro. His wide experience of guiding treks up Mt. Kilimanjaro will also make him the ideal person to ask him any questions regarding Mt. Kilimanjaro. All our guides are charming, friendly and well trained which will ensure you enjoy every step of your trek. N.B if you need a guide who speaks your language fluently this can also be arranged at an extra fee.
- All the Kilimanjaro park fees
- A heavy lunch box from the hotel which will contain everything that you need for the day from sandwiches, chocolate, groundnuts, biscuits, fruits, juice, boiled egg, piece of cake ……etc